SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2007

From:
Alex Kruchkoff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alex Kruchkoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2007 09:28:01 +1000
Troy,

I'm using ATI X1600 on my laptop.
I've updated Tips and Tricks part of

http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/RedHat_Enterprise

for SL50. Basically SL5 [and RHEL 5] are very close to FC6. So I've
build packages for FC6 and they works with SL5.
They use MESA OpenGL, instead of ATI OpenGL, so I can not watch full
screen movies, but it's better than nothing, as with new drivers from
SL5 even VESA drivers do not works... fb does not work either, so I
cannot use vga=792 parameter for the kernel to see my penguin while
booting the OS.

Cheers
Alex