SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2007

From:
Alex Finch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2007 12:32:38 +0100
  Here's a quick tip.

  I wanted to add xemacs and seamonkey to our test SL5 installation as they are missing, and extensively used by our users on SL3 and 4.

  I found they exist in the fedora extras repository, so I tried following the instructions in:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/EXTRAS

This give the baseurl as:

baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/$releasever/$basearch/

However this does not work as $releasever apparently translates to 5.0 whereas the value which works is 5, so I replaced $releasever
with 5 and it worked. I was able to do

yum -y install xemacs
yum -y install seamonkey

The complete contents of  my /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-extras.repo is:

[extras]
name=Fedora Extras - $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/5/$basearch/
failovermethod=priority
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/RPM-GPG-KEY-Fedora-Extras