SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2007

From:
"Eve V. E. Kovacs" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eve V. E. Kovacs
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2007 15:39:52 -0500
Hi,
We are looking at buying an external enclosure which provides
a way to connect 5 SATA drives via one eSATA port.
The hardware is by Addonics, and is listed as
AD5SAPM-E 5x1 eSATA Port Multiplier

The question is: does it work with SL4.4?

I have searched the release notes for various keywords such as
Addonics, "port multiplier" etc and could not find any reference.

Has anyone tried this hardware, or know of something similar
that will work with SL4.4? We are looking to expand our disk space, but
can't add any more internal drives to the system.

Thanks,
Eve

Eve Kovacs
Argonne National Laboratory,