SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2007

From:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2007 10:23:43 -0500
On Fri, 18 May 2007, Connie Sieh wrote:

> On Fri, 18 May 2007, Howard Peng wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> Question related to this topic:
>>
>> I usually download and burn the boot.iso, manually test the installation
>> using the boot cd before rolling out kickstart.
>>
>> I downloaded and burned boot.iso from
>> ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/50/i386/images, booted a
>> machine using linux askmethod option, specify the nfs image location.
>>
>> Error message:
>> "The Scientific Linux installation tree in that directory does not seem
>> to match your boot media."
>>
>> I assumed the boot.iso should work without any modification, any
>> suggestions?
>
> As long as you got the boot.iso from the ftp tree and that is what you are
> trying to install from.(could be nfs of course)
>
> I will test this .  We do a test install before we ship so this should
> work.

I downloaded and burned to cd-r the image at

ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/50/i386/images/boot.iso

I the did a ftp install from
ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/50/i386/

and it worked fine(except for the slow startup time for ftp)

Now testing a nfs install now.

-connie sieh