SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

May 2007

From:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2007 21:48:46 +0100
On Fri, 11 May 2007, Gerald Teschl wrote:

> On Thu, 10 May 2007, Connie Sieh wrote:
>
> Just for the records: I found the problem:
> There was an rpm with unresolvabel dependencies present....
>
> Thanks for everybody's help,

Earlier I found that in anaconda (with or without/kickstart) if one picks
packages which conflict with each other you get a similar (mostly blank)
error message.

Attempting the same with yum after install (or system-config-packages or
yumex or probably anything else that calls yum), generates an error about
which aspects of the packages clash...

It seems to me that the anaconda code is getting that there was an error
but for whatever reason doesn't have the actual error message to display
to the user -- maybe that makes tracking down the clash too easy... :-)

For additional packages it seems safest to do a test install without and
then add them with yum (just to be sure they are ok), before adding them
to the kickstart config.

I been tried to find my way through the anaconda code but I don't (yet)
speak python so I've not made much progress (and obviously there arn't
enough hours in the day...)

Can anyone recomend a good book from which to learn pythin?  Especially if
it has any examples like yum plugins or similar system stuff?

  -- Jon