SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

May 2007

From:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2007 13:39:43 -0500
On Thu, 10 May 2007, Gerald Teschl wrote:

> On Thu, 10 May 2007, Connie Sieh wrote:
>
> Dear Connie,
>
>> With the SL 5.0 installed it is now possible to make a yum repository and
>> have the installer point to it .  This way you can put your custom rpms all
>> in one place.
> Sounds great. Where can I find more info on this.

Just make a "net" visible yum repo.  A yum repo is a directory containing
rpms.  You run createrepo against that directory.  Place a comps.xml in
the repodata directory created by createrepo.

Then during the gui install click on the "extra repositories" option
and enter the url to your repository.

For kickstart add to your kickstart file based on this info

repo (optional)

     Configures additional yum repositories that may be used as sources for
package installation. Multiple repo lines may be specified.

     --name=

         The repo id. This option is required.
     --baseurl=

         The URL for the repository.

> I don't need cds. I just need to add some rpms to the installer
> and select them via kickstart.

I had mentioned it because some might want to make a custom cd.

> Gerald

-Connie Sieh