SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

April 2007

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2007 10:19:06 -0500
Hi Alex,

Alex Owen wrote:
> Hello,
> I've just noticed that there is no apt metadata for SL3x or SL4x fastbugs.
>
> It this by design?

Partly,
We didn't have any apt configuration files that pointed to that area, so
we never thought of generating apt metadata for fastbugs.
Generating apt repositories is a bit more involved than yum
repositories, so we haven't had a chance to redo the scripts to make a
fastbugs area.

> While I'm troubling people with questions I may as well ask have we
> droped apt metadata for SL5 (or does yum and apt now use same metadata?)?

Yes, there is no apt metadata in SL5.
We also are not providing an apt binary.

> Many thanks.
>
> Alex Owen

> Dr Richard Alexander Owen               Physicist/Programmer
>
> Queen Mary, University of London      Tel: 0207 882 5054
> Physics Department            Email: [log in to unmask]
> Mile End Road
> London E1 4NS, UK

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group