SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

April 2007

From:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2007 14:46:26 +0100
On Tue, 24 Apr 2007, Connie Sieh wrote:

> It is uploading right now.
>
> -Connie Sieh

I came in today (I wasn't in yesterday) to find the following 'new'
packages available and not announced:

    cpp-3.2.3-58.i386.rpm
    gcc-3.2.3-58.i386.rpm
    gcc-c++-3.2.3-58.i386.rpm
    gcc-g77-3.2.3-58.i386.rpm
    gcc-objc-3.2.3-58.i386.rpm
    libf2c-3.2.3-58.i386.rpm
    libgcc-3.2.3-58.i386.rpm
    libgcj-3.2.3-58.i386.rpm
    libgnat-3.2.3-58.i386.rpm
    libobjc-3.2.3-58.i386.rpm
    libstdc++-3.2.3-58.i386.rpm
    libstdc++-devel-3.2.3-58.i386.rpm
    vnc-4.0-0.beta4.1.6.i386.rpm
    vnc-server-4.0-0.beta4.1.6.i386.rpm
    sysreport-1.3.7.2-18.noarch.rpm
    tzdata-2007d-1.el3.noarch.rpm

Most of these are no doubt from the gcc update, but others are obviously
not.

tzdata-2007d-1.el3 corresponds to an 'enhancement' release from TUV, and
sysreport-1.3.7.2-18 seems to be a 'bugfix' from last November.

I can't find the vnc update in TUV's notes, is that really new?

Wee these released by accident along with the gcc updates or is this
intentional?

Not that I mind either way, but it triggered a path through my scripts
which hadn't been tested before -- a 'new' update arrived but was over 30
days old and hadn't been added to our local good/bad list so it caused all
my machines to scream that something was wrong.

  -- Jon