SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

April 2007

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2007 08:42:10 -0500
Stephan Wiesand wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> On Fri, 20 Apr 2007, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>
>> Hi again,
>>
>> On Thu, 19 Apr 2007, Jan Iven wrote:
>>> Good idea except for the time. Knut had reserved a session for Thursday
>>> afternoon.
>>>
>>> His proposed topics were:
>>> - changes in SL5
>>
>> this will be covered by Connie.
>>
>>> - 32 vs 64 bit compatibility issues
>>> - rollout status at the labs
>>> - the "rebasing to CentOS" discussion
>>> - [whatever else you consider interesting or important]
>>
>> I haven't received any feedback on these. Any takers? I know that at
>> least
>
> If noone else wants to do this, I could summarize the "rebasing to
> CentOS" discussion, talk about differences and similarities between SL
> and CentOS, and point out the options for the future of SL. This would
> hopefully spark
> a discussion.
>
>> Urs, Connie, Jan, Stephan and myself will be on site. VRVS
>> participation is possible.
>>
>> This does not contradict a "small circle" developer's meeting (or
>> lunch/dinner session) earlier in the week. Maybe such a meeting would
>> even create new content for public session.
>
> Example: What are sites planning to do about their remaining SL3 systems
> after the EOL date in autumn?
>
>>> I will only arrive Tuesday night and leave Thursday night. Perhaps we
>>> can still shuffle around things?
>>
>> As I mentioned, Tuesday afternoon is mostly void. Wednesday is packed
>> with
>
> Tuesday would be without Jan, which doesn't make much sense either.
> Late Wednesday will clash with the dinner, especially if the storage
> talks & discussions exceed their schedule, which is not unlikely.
>
>> storage presentations. SL folks could meet in parallel (then without
>> me). I
>
> I wouldn't want to miss any of the storage talks either.
>
>> have scheduled SL in the afternoon to ease North American VRVS
>> participation (though I admit it is already very early).
>
> Having Troy with us would certainly be good. Troy, are you planning to
> participate?
>
> Stephan

Hi Stephan,
Connie is the one going to this conference.  She will be there the whole
week, so she should be able to attend.  If there is some way to video
conference, or even have a speaker phone there for me, I can participate
that way.
Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group