SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2007

From:
George Markomanolis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
George Markomanolis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2007 19:50:17 +0200
Mac can run Windows, only with a special tool but I don't know something
more. When I bought laptop, it came with windows xp pro. When I tried to
install SL 4.4, it didn't let me to choose a partition in order to make a
dual boot, I could install SL 4.4 only in entire hard disk and I did it (I
erased windows). After, I tried to make it dual boot, I tried windows xp pro
(IBM has recovery data on partition that SL erased it), Suse 9.3, 10.1, 10.2
and every OS couldn't make installation, because couldn't find my hard disk.
I couldn't do anything. If I had SL 4.4 on my laptop, no other OS could be
in dual boot. I was ready to send laptop for service. I tried many live cds
for recovery with many tools for hard disk recovery and didn't work
anything. I was lucky that I had a windows 98 boot cd, I erased boot loader
and I installed other OS. Maybe I had this problem because laptop has
pci-express controller for hard disk. I don't know at all. I must also say
that I tried and SL 4.3 and I had the same problems.