SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2007

From:
Ioannis Vranos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ioannis Vranos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2007 19:34:34 +0200
George Markomanolis wrote:

> Hi, I have installed SL 4.4 on Intel core duo laptop IBM X60S (12.1") and it
> was working. The only problem was with the hard disk controller of laptop
> but general, it was working with this cpu (Intel Core Duo L2400 1.66GH). At
> this point I should say that I had many problems with the attempt to install
> other OS on the same machine (after I installed SL). No one other OS could
> find a hard disk on installation. I had to delete boot sector and remove SL
> in order to install other OS. Unfortunately, now I have SL only in my
> desktop pc.

OK, thanks for your reply. I was asking about Mac, because they have some newer technology
(and perhaps proprietary) kind of BIOS, and for example they state that Windows can be run
on a virtual machine only or something.

About "no other OS", if you are talking about Windows, didn't your laptop come with an
installation CD or something? What other OS did you try?