SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2007

From:
Ioannis Vranos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ioannis Vranos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2007 19:03:20 +0200
An interesting link for the upcoming EL5.

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/02/16/winning-benchmarks-before-its-released-red-hat-enterprise-linux-5/

OpenMP is a standard with precompiler directives for multithreading. From what I recall
from my previous W*ndows programming days it was for Fortran and C++. I haven't checked if
it is provided for other languages since then, but anyway. :-) In any case, it is about
the programmer providing specific multithreading guarantees about the execution of
specific code.

BTW, I read in a Fedora web page that they compile its binaries with specific flags. Are
the flags used for compiling SL the same as the flags used for EL?