SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2007

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2007 09:17:27 -0600
Ioannis Vranos wrote:
> OS: SL 4.4 i386.
>

> I have downloaded and installed OpenOffice.Org 2.1 (EN-US), however when
> changing "Tools::Options::Language Settings::Languages::Default
> Languages for documents::Western" to something else than "English(US)",
> it doesn't save it as a global preference, that is, when creating a new
> document it has "English(US)" as the default.
>
> I have reported it as a bug to OpenOffice.Org site, however someone else
> reported that he/she can't reproduce the bug. Has anyone encountered
> this bug in his/her OpenOffice.Org 2.1 installation?

Hi,
I can't reproduce this.
I have changed mine from English(US) to Gernman(Switzerland), and all my
new documents come up with German(Switzerland).  I've even tried
completely getting out of OpenOffice, then starting up with a new
document, still German.

How are you checking the documents?  Maybe you are looking somewhere
that I'm not.

Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group