SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2007

From:
Ioannis Vranos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ioannis Vranos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2007 17:49:41 +0200
Urs Beyerle wrote:

>> 2) During shutdown:
>>
>> "Stopping hpssd: FAILED"
>>

> this is harmless. Maybe I will turn off hplip service later.

Well, I have installed hplip in my SL 4 system, and I think it will be needed to all users
who own HP printers. :-) However I did not get any error or failure messages in the SL 5
Alpha Live-CD (I do not remember if hplip is running in Live-CD or not).

> In your first email, you wrote that the system was hanging.
> Was it hanging when you were logged into Gnome?

It was hanging during boot, before X.Org was loaded. However it did not hang to me now.
Either it was fixed since then (the .iso was republished) or I was getting the error under
a virtual machine. I am not sure. In any case I had not any hanging now.