SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2007

From:
"Bly, MJ (Martin)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bly, MJ (Martin)
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2007 21:04:56 +0000
Do you want this script to run once at system boot or once for every user session?

If the former, you can use the init mechanism.  Scripts have to be crafted carefully for use in this way, as I've found to my cost :-(.

The latter is probably achievable by calling it from one of the profile scripts in /etc/profiles.d.

This being *n*x, there are lots of ways... really depends what the script is going to do.

Martin.

--
  Martin Bly      |      RAL Tier1 Systems Team
  T: +44|0 1235 446981  |  F: +44|0 1235 446626