SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2007

From:
Ioannis Vranos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ioannis Vranos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2007 22:26:57 +0200
SL 4.4 x86.

Probably it is a piece of cake question for most here, however I have moved to GNU/Linux
only recently, from the familiar Blue Screen Of Death OS. :-)

How can I make a given script or an executable to run during start up, system-wide? I am
using GNOME and I suppose I can place it on the "Startup Programs" in "Sessions" for every
user, but I suppose there is a more elegant approach to this.

Thanks in advance.