SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2007

From:
Andrew Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2007 18:23:24 -0500
Greetings,

Is there some way to install SL 4.4 without any X Windows components,
but with useful junk like compilers, NFS, etc.. ?

I tried picking packages carefully by hand, but in the last step,
some trivial dependencies triggered the install of most (all?) of X ,
gnome, and KDE.  As an aside, is there some way to look at what will
actually get installed after the dependency check with the ability to
remove stuff?

This must be documented somewhere - can someone send me a web address?

Thanks,
-Andy

Andrew R. Cook                                            Phone (631) 344-4782
Brookhaven National Laboratory                              FAX (631) 344-5815
Chemistry Department, Bldg 555a, Rm 292                          [log in to unmask]
Upton, NY 11973-5000             http://www.chemistry.bnl.gov/~acook/cook.html