SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2007

From:
Ioannis Vranos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ioannis Vranos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 18:49:36 +0200
Jon Clark wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone else had experienced similar, and more
> importantly if they found a cause and solution.  (I have seen in the
> list archive a similar problem reported, but the solution was to swap to
> a PS/2 mouse.  I do not have enough PS/2 mice to replace all of our USB
> mice, and this does not help a user wanting to use a USB stick drive etc.)

About experience only. Sometimes I experience a system hang during boot for unknown
reasons. I have a Microsoft USB mouse but connected via a converter to a PS/2 port. This
behaviour is rare to very rare. I am not sure of its cause though (in fact I haven't noted
down after which service it hangs, so as to track it down, because it is rare.