SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2007

From:
Art Wildman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Art Wildman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2007 12:58:21 -0500
There is a pretty good description of how 'devlabel' works in RHEL3
docs, so far I cannot find similar references in the RHEL4 SAG manual...
-HTH Art

RHEL3-SAG - User-Defined Device Names
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-3-Manual/sysadmin-guide/ch-devlabel.html

What is devlabel and how do I use it - RHELKB
http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_80_4625.shtm

RHEL4 IntroSysAdmin - Device Naming Conventions - devlabel
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/admin-guide/s1-storage-rhlspec.html#S2-STORAGE-RHLSPEC-NAMING

http://linux.dell.com/devlabel/devlabel.html
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_USB_Mass_Storage_Device
http://www.linux-usb.org/

--
Art Wildman - NWS JAX FL. - http://www.srh.noaa.gov/jax
"If the thunder don't get you, then the lightning will..." - Grateful Dead