SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

February 2007

From:
Axel Thimm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 14:44:56 +0100
On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 12:46:45PM -0600, Troy Dawson wrote:
> I've been working on the kernel module plugin for SL 4.5.
> I like Axel's kmdl plugin so much I simply tossed the old plugin and
> started fresh with his.  But there were a few points I changed.
> My goal is to get the plugin to work in the same manner for
> kernel-modules for S.L. 3.0.x.

How about having both in the same plugin code? It will be easier to
maintain (I'm currently working on fixing a possible bug with yum
remove). All there needs to be done is to check for both formats and
then try to install both variants and whatever succeeds.

Or we could outcast some bits like the regex to match on and what to
pull in to /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/kmdl.conf. That would be cleaner.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net