SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

February 2007

From:
John Hearns <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Hearns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 20:46:05 +0000
Brett Viren wrote:
> Hi Jaroslaw,
>
> Jaroslaw Polok <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>
>> Yes: We are interested at CERN to go towards a 'Managed Desktop' dream:
>> where not only updates but also configuration settings are applied
>> 'automagically' (we managed to have it for our Computer Center over
>> last years: now it would be time to broaden the scope)
>
> What do you currently use for this configuration management?

Talking about configuration management, there was a very good talk on
Puppet:
http://reductivelabs.com/projects/puppet/

I fully realise that there are configuration management projects at the
centre of the big Grid projects.
However, if you are talking about other things then give some thought to
Puppet.