SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2007

From:
Vinod Gupta <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vinod Gupta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2007 01:18:17 -0500
I have tried opening all the kerberos ports listed in /etc/services but
it did not help. Unless I open all the ports in the range 33000:34000,
kinit simply hangs and times out after a minute or so.

Another weird thing is happening, difference in ssh'ing to different
servers. Once I have run "kinit -f [log in to unmask]" I ssh to cmsuaf and
cmswn055. I am logged in without cryptocard or password on both, but
while I can read/write to my home dir from cmswn055, not so from cmsuaf.

I am wondering if people from other Universities also experience the
same. Are you people doing some thing different?

Vinod