SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2007

Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2007 14:44:21 -0600
Hi,

I was wondering what Graph software people use for scientific journals etc.
Is there an open source alternative anyone favours or does everyone have
access to some proprietary software or the other?

The problem is trying to search on sourceforge and the like turns up such a
long list of software that its impossible to make a choice.

I was looking for something that provided some functionality of matlab and
excel i.e. take worksheet data, possibly do rudimentary math and most
importantly produce a clean graph that can be scientifically annotated
(greek symbols on axes etc) and used in Word/Framemaker.

I know some proprietary s/ws like 'Origin' do that, but dont know of any
open source solution?

Thanks!
--Vaibhav