SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2007

From:
Art Wildman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Art Wildman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2007 14:03:33 -0500
Scott Gates wrote:
> Well, I FINALLY came across a laptop that wasn't doing anything in
> particular. Up until now, I've always had dedicated desktops and therefor
> hardwired everything.
>
> Can anybody recommend a compatible PCMCIA Notebook Wi-Fi card?  802.11g i
> preferable, but 802.11b will do the trick, too.

Wireless Cards - MiniPCI wireless card Info - FSF
"Some laptop manufacturers prevent you from changing the MiniPCI
wireless card with an arbitrary BIOS check."
"Cards that use the Ralink 2500/RT2400 and Realtek RTL8180 chipsets work
well with GNU/Linux."...
Ralink RT2500 chipsets based wireless 802.11g devices -
http://ralink.rapla.net/

Linux wireless LAN support - Updated Exhaustive list of wireless cards -
http://linux-wless.passys.nl/ ...Based on original 2004 work by Mark
Mathews  of AbsoluteValue -
http://www.linux-wlan.org/docs/wlan_adapters.html.gz

Linuxant driverloader or ndiswrapper supported cards - ndiswrapper wiki
http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/index.php/List

Wireless LAN resources for Linux - Wireless LAN drivers web pages -
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/

LaptopTestingTeam - Ubuntu Wiki
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTestingTeam

--
Art Wildman - NWS JAX FL. - http://www.srh.noaa.gov/jax
"If the thunder don't get you, then the lightning will..." - Grateful Dead