SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

January 2007

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2007 08:12:32 -0600
Art Wildman wrote:
> Troy Dawson wrote:
>> Hello,
>> As we gear up for Scientific Linux 5, we need to do the graphics for
>> the new release.  I have already redone the graphics for our alpha
>> release, but that is just so we are able to get the alpha release out
>> the door. I would love to have some graphics from the community.
>>
>> What is needed?
>> Logo (preferably a Boron atom)
>> Wallpaper
>> GDM theme
>> grub background
>> KDE/Gnome splash screens
>>
>> All graphics must be either GPL'ed, or an equivalent Creative Commons
>> License.
>>
>> I plan on doing the anaconda (installation) images, but will base them
>> on the logo if we get a new one.  If we don't get a new logo, they
>> will be based on the current logo.
>>
>> The release name will be Boron, because that is the 5th element on the
>> periodic chart.  I know some distributions try to keep their names a
>> secret or mystery, we're pretty upfront with ours.
>>
>> If you need to send your graphics by mail, please send them just to me
>> to keep the size down on the mailling list.  If you have your graphics
>> on a web site, feel free to send the link to the whole mail list, or
>> just to me if you are shy.
>>
>> Thank You
>> Troy
>>
>> p.s. I don't know redhat's schedule, please don't ask when we will be
>> releasing S.L.5.  We have a roadmap at
>> https://www.scientificlinux.org/distributions/roadmap
>
> Has anyone made any progress on this? I may find some time to do a
> wallpaper or logo, not sure I got the skills for the full blown theme
> though...
> -Art@JAX

Hi Art,
I haven't gotten a single submission.
If you install the SL5 alpha you'll see the new graphics I did.
While I think that some of them turned out really well, I'm pretty sure
there are some people out there that can do as well or better.
Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group