SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

January 2007

From:
Jaroslaw Polok <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jaroslaw Polok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2007 15:46:38 +0100
Hello all (and Happy New Year !)

>>> My personal opinion, and I'm willing to be disagreed with.
>>> I want to go with option 3.

Sorry for being late in discussions .. I would like to add that
we would very much prefer 3. as well (after all we are not
going to distribute 5 versions of SLC but rather single SLC
5 distribution ...).

Now if RH starts to ship different kernels for Client
and Server we could always 'undo' one of the proposed
symbolic links (are these really needed at all ?)
.. or manage  the problem via a separate , addon yum repo.

Cheers

Jarek
__
_ Jaroslaw_Polok ___________________ CERN - IT/FIO/LA _