SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

December 2006

From:
"Marc W. Mengel" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marc W. Mengel
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2006 10:00:19 -0600
Troy Dawson wrote:

> kmdl - What Axel Thimm has developed and implemented
> kernel-module - What we currently are doing, although I believe the idea
> was originally from livna

It sounds to me like kmdl and kernel-module are similar, modulo the
actual naming convention -- for a migration path, would it make sense
to do a merged plugin that accepts either naming convention?  That way
we can migrate from one convention to the other more smoothly(?)

Or are there more devilish details there than I've gleaned from the
discussion so far?

Marc