SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-ANNOUNCE Archives

December 2006

SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-ANNOUNCE@LISTSERV.FNAL.GOV

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2006 17:27:54 -0600
A few more notes.

There are no CD or DVD iso images.  This release is currently only
installable as a network install.

When mirroring this release, it is best to do rsync, and to use the
hardlink option (-H).  This is because there is alot of duplication, and
we have created hard links for those duplicates.
Instructions are available at
https://www.scientificlinux.org/download/mirroring/mirror.rsync

Did I mention that this isn't for production use.

Thank You
- Troy Dawson
- Connie Sieh