SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2006

From:
Ioannis Vranos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ioannis Vranos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2006 22:50:22 +0200
For help to anyone that needs it, the procedure I followed to check the rpms integrity of
my system and restore the missing files is:

This filters the missing files/directories and stores them in output.txt, along with some
files/directories that may not be missing, but contain the word "missing" in their name.

rpm -V --nodeps -qa |grep missing >output.txt

Then for any missing file/directory, we perform

rpm -qf FILE_OR_DIRECTORY_THAT_IS_MISSING

to find the corresponding rpm.

We reinstall the corresponding rpm via

rpm -ivh --force NAME_OF_RPM