SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2006

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2006 09:05:09 -0600
Ioannis Vranos wrote:
> OS: SL 4.4 i386.
>

> Some time ago, I had shrinked the Logical Volume from two hard disks to
> one hard disk. Since this is a risky process and files may have been
> lost, I want to verify the integrity of the installed rpms in my system.
>
> I checked the man pages and used "rpm -V -qa", and it displayed various
> files, mainly with the indication C, which as I read in the man page has
> to do with SELINUX. Then in the man page I saw an option --nofiles which
> says:
>
> "--nofiles
>               Don’t verify any attributes of package files"
>

> I think the attributes is what I am looking for exclusion in my test.
> However the name of the option "--nofiles" instead of something like
> "--noattrib" or something, makes me to wonder whether this option
> ignores files entirely.
>

> Does anyone know for sure?

I always thought that c stood for configuration file.  From the man page

-----
The format of the output is a string of 8 characters, a possible
attribute marker:

c %config configuration file.
d %doc documentation file.
g %ghost file  (i.e. the file contents are not included in the package
payload).
l %license license file.
r %readme readme file.
-----

and an example is
S.5....T  c /etc/ldap.conf

I could have sworn there was a "no config file" option, but I don't see
it in the man page.  But I think the

--nordev
  Don't verify the corresponding file attribute.

Is probrubly closer to what you are looking for.
Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468