SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2006

From:
Ioannis Vranos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ioannis Vranos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2006 22:37:13 +0200
OS: SL 4.4 i386.

Some time ago, I had shrinked the Logical Volume from two hard disks to one hard disk.
Since this is a risky process and files may have been lost, I want to verify the integrity
of the installed rpms in my system.

I checked the man pages and used "rpm -V -qa", and it displayed various files, mainly with
the indication C, which as I read in the man page has to do with SELINUX. Then in the man
page I saw an option --nofiles which says:

"--nofiles
               Don’t verify any attributes of package files"

I think the attributes is what I am looking for exclusion in my test. However the name of
the option "--nofiles" instead of something like "--noattrib" or something, makes me to
wonder whether this option ignores files entirely.

Does anyone know for sure?