SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2006

From:
"Aldo F. Saavedra" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Aldo F. Saavedra
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2006 18:15:01 +1100
Hi,

Just a follow up with SL4 and core duo.
The problem is due to the intel motherboard 965 family.

I have made progress mainly by adding these two parameters to the boot
command
all-generic-ide pci=nommconf

and the bios setting of the driver to legacy

I have been following this:
http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=6070&forum=29

There are new bios available from intel and also drivers for RedHat 4.3
and 4.4 (I'm trying to install 4.3) .

So far the only that has not worked is the ethernet. Hopefully I will
get that working on monday.

Cheers,
Aldo

--