SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2006

From:
"Aldo F. Saavedra" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Aldo F. Saavedra
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2006 21:47:43 +1100
Hi,

This is in regards to installing SL4.3 i386 in a "core duo"
At the moment it hangs after the line:
PCI: Probing PCI hardware (bus 00)

I have tried linux all-generic-ide  and the live CD does not boot up either.

The funny thing is that SL3 installs with very little trouble

Sorry I'm light on the machine details, I can provide them tomorrow.
The machine does have a SATA disk.

Any ideas are welcomed.

Cheers,
Aldo