SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2006

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2006 20:42:46 -0600
Hello,
The backend to ftp.scientificlinux.org and rsync.scientificlinux.org is
getting a hardware upgrade.  This means that the server will be up, but
it's main disks will be down.
Because we will be doing some backend flipping, we really do not expect
anyone to notice anything, other than things being a bit slower.  But I
wanted to send this e-mail out anyway ... just incase.

Initial backend change
Thursday November 16, 2006 5:30 am CST

Backend change back
Thursday November 16, 2006 12:30 pm CST

The way we are doing the changeover should not affect anyone but the
longest of ftp downloads ... but just so you know, incase you see any
errors during that time.

Troy

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468