SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2006

From:
Michael Mansour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Mansour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2006 16:38:09 +1000
Hi Ana,

> Hi,
>   I have posted the same to Intel and they have replied that it wont
> support for Scientific Linux. So give me ur suggestions how to
> proceed with this issue.

Have you tried what is stated below?

Scientific Linux *is* Red Hat Enterprise Linux, they're based on the same
sources so what works with one will work with the other.

Just because Intel say it "won't" support it, doesn't mean it doesn't
support it. If you told Intel you were running RHEL 4 U2, they wouldn't know
any different.

Michael.