SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2006

From:
Alex Finch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2006 15:58:31 +0000
Troy,

  It seems something went wrong with my installation then. I had problems getting the onboard ethernet
to be recognised during the installation. Strange if this yum problem was a side effect of that. I haven't noticed
  anything else not working as expected.

  When I tried what you suggest I got:

/sbin/chkconfig --list yum
service yum supports chkconfig, but is not referenced in any runlevel (run 'chkconfig --add yum')

rpm -qa | grep yum-conf
yum-conf-4x-1-5.SL.noarch
rpm -V yum-conf
package yum-conf is not installed

rpm -V yum-conf-4x
S.5....TC c /etc/cron.daily/yum.cron
S.5....T. c /etc/yum.conf
S.5....T. c /etc/yum.d/yum.cron.excludes
S.5....T. c /etc/yum.repos.d/sl-testing.repo

        Alex

--
  Alex Finch, Research Fellow, Physics Department, Lancaster University.
+44 (0) 1524 593618   http://www.lancs.ac.uk/depts/physics/staff/ajf.htm