SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

October 2006

From:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2006 09:08:36 +0200
Hi Troy,

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006, Troy Dawson wrote:

> Hi Mark,
> That made me think along the lines of why are we removing the file when we
> startup, and not when we shutdown.
> So here's what I did, and this seems to be working.  (Luckily thunderbird is
> failing quite consistently for me today.)
>
> Instead of having the script run when we startup (by naming it
> S01parentlock), we make it run when we shutdown (by naming it K99parentlock).
>
> That has worked for me, and to be honest, makes more sense.

Alas, it's guaranteed to fail if the AFS token has expired, or is no
longer available (during logout), or the system crashes, or the
thunderbird script is killed, or...

I still think it has to run during startup.

When that failed for you, maybe there simply was a lock link present for
some reason?

Stephan

--
Stephan Wiesand
   DESY - DV -                     Phone:   +49 33762 7 7370