SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2006

From:
Michael Hannon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Hannon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2006 14:53:49 -0700
Hello.  We just upgraded one of our servers from RH 3.0.3 (IA32) to SL
4.3 (x86_64 -- Opteron).

We're having serious problems trying to check mail on the new system.
Local clients, such as mutt or pine, work just fine.  But checking for
mail via IMAP from, say, Thunderbird or Squirrel Mail, always fails with
some variant of "Mailbox does not exist" or "Invalid mailbox name" message.

We don't see any interesting error messages in the log files that
correspond to the IMAP failures.

The system in question is an NIS and NFS server for client systems in a
small classroom, by the way.

I notice that the IMAP server in SL 4.3 now runs as a separate daemon.
I believe it was started out of xinetd in RH 3.  Perhaps I've simply
overlooked some configuration setting for the new daemon?

I'd appreciate any help you can provide.  Thanks.

					- Mike
--
Michael Hannon            mailto:[log in to unmask]
Dept. of Physics          530.752.4966