SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2006

From:
Andrew Stallard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew Stallard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 06:53:48 -0500
As Alice would say--

This just gets curiouser and curiouser.

I tried downloading a similar package from this site: http://ieee80211.sf.net

Upon doing this I tried installing the rpm file. When I executed the command
the results checked out OK on the command line. (I used the -h option with
the rpm command and got the requisite hash lines with "100%" at the end.)
However, upon looking back in the directory I discovered nothing happened.
Then I used the rpm -qa option to see if the package was there. It was not.
Then, I tried the same thing with the package cited by Jaraslaw Polok, and
merely got what appears to be sourcetext on a text file. Has anybody else
had similar issues?

In addition, I got a "NOKEY" message when I did this both times. What sort
of significance does this have?