SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2006

From:
Bob Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2006 17:11:16 -0600
We received our SUN X4600 with 8 dual opteron processors and 64GB RAM
and I turned it on yesterday. I had no problems installing Scientific
Linux 4.3 but I had a little difficulty with openafs because the
kernel-module-openafs was not built for the ELlargesmp kernel  on the
4.3 iso images. This kernel was the default installation kernel. However
I found the required RPMS on Scientific.Linux..../40rolling  and
downloaded them and they seem to do the job. So now all I have to do is
install the applications that will be used and put some users on the
machine.
(Sorry Jon Peatfield - it looks like it might work for us so you are out
of luck for now)
--
Bob Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Local Area Administrator (780) 492-5160