SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

September 2006

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2006 15:35:25 -0500
Thanks Urs, it looks like that works pretty good.
Now for the hardest part ... figuring out a name.
I'd like to put it all into one SL rpm, and just have the triggers be
off the various packages.

I was thinking of calling it

SL_mozilla_afs_user

But I'm thinking the mozilla name might throw people off.  I thought of
mozilla because all of these are mozilla based.

Troy

Urs Beyerle wrote:
> Hi Troy,
>
> I agree with Stephan. I would like to see the fix in SL and I would like
> to have a separate rpm for the fix.
>
> I use at PSI the following S01parentlock's for firefox, thunderbird,
> seamonkey (see below). Since four weeks no complains from our users so far.
>
> What's different to your script:
> - a profile can have spaces within the profile name, therefore
> "$i/.parentlock" instead of $i/.parentlock
> - seamonkey has no profiles.ini, that's why I do a 'find -noleaf'
> instead of searching in profiles.ini.
> - to make it more simpler, I do also a 'find -noleaf' in case of
> thunderbird and firefox.
>

> $ more /usr/lib/firefox-1.5.0.5/init.d/S01parentlock
> #!/bin/sh
> #
> # removes .parentlock
> #
>
> APP_FOLDER="$HOME/.mozilla/firefox"
>
> find $APP_FOLDER -noleaf -type d -maxdepth 1 -mindepth 1 | while read i; do
>     if [ ! -L "$i/lock" -a -e "$i/.parentlock" ]; then
>         rm -f "$i/.parentlock"
>     fi
> done
>
> $ more /usr/lib/thunderbird-1.5.0.5/init.d/S01parentlock
> #!/bin/sh
> #
> # removes .parentlock
> #
>
> APP_FOLDER="$HOME/.thunderbird"
>
> find $APP_FOLDER -noleaf -type d -maxdepth 1 -mindepth 1 | while read i; do
>     if [ ! -L "$i/lock" -a -e "$i/.parentlock" ]; then
>         rm -f "$i/.parentlock"
>     fi
> done
>
> $ more /usr/lib/mozilla-seamonkey-1.0.3/init.d/S01parentlock
> #!/bin/sh
> #
> # removes .parentlock
> #
>
> APP_FOLDER="$HOME/.mozilla"
>
> find $APP_FOLDER -noleaf -type d -maxdepth 2 -mindepth 2 | grep -v
> firefox | grep -v
> Cache | while read i; do
>     if [ ! -L "$i/lock" -a -e "$i/.parentlock" ]; then
>         rm -f "$i/.parentlock"
>     fi
> done
>

> Cheers,
>
>     Urs
>

> Troy Dawson wrote:
>> Stephan Wiesand wrote:
>>> Hi Troy,

>>> We would certainly welcome having the fix in the SL packages. And if
>>> these are the only choices, from our point of view: please go ahead
>>> and do it.
>>>
>>> However, I think there's a third choice, cleaner and in line with SL
>>> traditions: put the fix into a tweek rpm. Maybe something like what
>>> the "official" flash-plugin rpm is doing:
>>>
>>>  - trigger on installations of firefox, thunderbird, seamonkey
>>>   - search /usr/lib{,64}/ for their install dirs
>>>   - copy over the fix script
>>>
>>> This would make the fix optional, retaining full binary compatibility
>>> with
> [...]

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468