SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

September 2006

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2006 10:48:31 -0500
Hi Urs and Stephan,
Well, I found my problem why the script wasn't doing anything, thanks
for the debugging tip Urs.
The problem was that I was building the script in the rpm, and it was
substituting variable's before writting it out to the file.  Anyway, the
S01parentlock script didn't look like it was supposed to.

I've fixed that ... and I'm putting in Stephan's seamonkey fix as well.

Now my only problem is that my thunderbird refuses to break so that I
can check if the fix works.  It had been pretty consistent with failling
for a long time.  Well, I'll get the SL rpm out, at least in testing, so
if anyone else has the problem, they can give it a try.

Troy

Stephan Wiesand wrote:
> Hi Urs, Troy,
>
> On Sat, 16 Sep 2006, Urs Beyerle wrote:
>
>> Hi Troy,
>>
>> I have just checked thunderbird-1.5.0.7, firefox-1.5.0.7 and
>> seamonkey-1.0.5.
>> The init.d scripts still does not work with seamonkey, but works with
>> thunderbird and firefox.
>>
>> In case of firefox: /usr/bin/firefox starts
>> /usr/lib/firefox-1.5.0.7/firefox, which runs
>> /usr/lib/firefox-1.5.0.7/firefox-bin. The "init.d" part is in
>> /usr/lib/firefox-1.5.0.7/firefox.
>>
>> Whereas /usr/bin/mozilla starts directly
>> usr/lib/mozilla-seamonkey-1.0.5/mozilla-bin.
>> The "init.d" is still part of the mozilla/seamonkey source code
>> (mozilla/xpfe/bootstrap/mozilla.in), but never gets to the RPM. The
>> "buggy" /usr/bin/mozilla is provided by TUV (Source1: mozilla.sh.in).
>>
>> How should we fix the parentlock problem for seamonkey, if we can not
>> rely on its init.d feature?
>
> Maybe by adding this to the seamonkey trigger? (beware of linebreaks)
>
> sed -i 's@^[[:space:]]*exec \$MOZ_PROGRAM@[ -x
> $MOZ_DIST_BIN/init.d/S01parentlock ] \&\&
> $MOZ_DIST_BIN/init.d/S01parentlock\n&@' /usr/bin/mozilla || :
>
> If init.d comes back, we remove that line from the trigger (or not, who
> cares).
>
> Cheers,
>     Stephan

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468