SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2006

From:
Art Wildman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2006 02:16:48 -0400
The Dual Monitor setup is defined by in the xorg.conf file "Monitors"
section, you need 2 entries.
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/ref-guide/s1-x-clients.html
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/sysadmin-guide/s1-xconfig-dualhead.html
http://www.redhat.com/magazine/014dec05/features/multihead/

The Gentoo wiki is rather helpfull too...
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Dual_Monitors
http://darrylclarke.com/Xorg_Conf.html

Spanning mode is called Xinerama
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Xinerama-HOWTO/

AnandTech: Matrox Millennium G450 Under Linux
http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1322&p=3

The NWS & Comet developed a training workstation with dual head &
documented it awhile back, it's looking dated now, but may prove
useful... http://strc.comet.ucar.edu/wes/documents/dual_head.htm

-HTH Art@JAX