SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2006

From:
John Haggerty <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haggerty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2006 23:23:19 -0400
It looks like my real problem is going to be the dual monitors in SL3.

I guess the guidance I need is how to configure the dual head graphics
cards; what do you have to do to the Matrox cards, for example, to get
the dual heads working?  This is a PCIe motherboard, so it looks like
I'd want the P650 if I need to trade in my PNY cards, since that's a
PCIE x16 dual DVI jobby.  But if I get the driver from the Matrox site
(http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/drivers/latest/home.cfm) what do I
have to do to get the second head working?  I can't see it in the SL3
docs, and SL4 has display configuration for the second monitor.  The
nvidia driver actually works for the first head with the PNY card; it's
just not clear what's needed to get the second half working.

Thanks for the information--this thread has already cleared up some
questions for me.

--
John Haggerty
email: [log in to unmask]