SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2006

From:
John Haggerty <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haggerty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2006 17:54:03 -0400
We are running a substantial cluster of SL3.0.5 machines as part of a
data acquisition system, and we thought it would be nice to upgrade the
interactive machines we use to control it all, so we bought a couple of
nice dual Opteron machines (I think they sport the Navion-T PCI express
motherboard) and a PNY Verto GeForce 7900 GT PCIe x16 graphics adapter
for supporting two monitors.  We'd really like the same software
environment as the rest of the cluster, but there are some early
indications that this configuration is a little too far out for 3.0.5.

Anyone with experience or advice or pointers about where to look for help?

--
John Haggerty
email: [log in to unmask]