SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

August 2006

From:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2006 19:01:40 +0200
Hi Troy,

On Wed, 2 Aug 2006, Troy Dawson wrote:

> OK, I've checked, and as far as I could see, putting on libgnomeui.i386
> libbonoboui.i386 didn't hurt an x86_64 machine, and it installed via yum just
> fine.
>
> I have put those in the errata area with the firefox.  They should be there by
> the time this e-mail get's to you.  If they aren't, give it 5 or 10 minutes.
> You might also need to do a 'yum clean all' first for yum to see them.
>
> One thing I found while doing the check, was that my firefox bookmark script
> in sl-release doesn't work with this new firefox.  I'll have to fix that for
> the next sl-release.
>
> Troy

Thanks. I know these complications are due to a feature SL has but
TUV does not. As you can see, the possibility to run 32bit browsers on
x86_64 is appreciated by at least one site (in fact, I'm quite dependent
on it). Thanks for doing this.

I can't check right now since my attempts to rsync keep getting rejected:

  @ERROR: max connections (20) reached - try again later

Is this a new limit? I haven't encountered this problem for months, since
you lifted the limit of 4 that was not intentional IIRC. Maybe it's just
SL becoming ever more popular. Or the firefox/thunderbird updates.

Anyway, once my sync-job succeeds I'll let you know if there are still a
dependency problems with a yum update, and I don't expect any

There are other problems with the new firefox/thunderbird versions I'm
afraid though, at least for the larger sites. See my upcoming posting to
sl-users...

Cheers,
	Stephan

--
Stephan Wiesand
  DESY - DV -                     Phone:   +49 33762 7 7370