SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

August 2006

From:
Urs Beyerle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Urs Beyerle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2006 20:55:36 +0200
Hi,

Yesterday, Jim Garlick sent me a patch to make unionfs 1.1.5 finally
working with the SL4 kernel. Now unionfs seems to be much more stable.
I'm very confident that the LiveCD is now more stable (hopefully no more
kernel panics because of unionfs). This would be also a big improvement
for the diskless client solution.

Therefore I have rebuilt all LiveCD/DVDs again (build date 2006-08-30),
please see
ftp://ftp.psi.ch/psi/livecd/pub/testing

Testers are very welcome!

    Urs