SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

August 2006

From:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2006 21:50:45 +0100
I checked this version (well actually the one I built myself last night),
and using the radeon driver with an X600 card on a Dell GX620 still causes
a hard freeze.

In any case I have a workround for the installer (a horrid hack but...),
whch it to rebuild stage2.img editing usr/share/hwdata/Cards to replace
the DRIVER line for the X600 with vesa...

Does anyone have any X600 hardware that this does work with?  Given that
TUV has known about the problem for over 6 months, I'm a bit puzzled that
they havn't simply turned off using the radeon driver for this card, at
least 'til the upsteam fixes can get back-ported to the version of xorg
included in EL4...

Maybe it really only affects the X600 cards shipped by Dell!

  -- Jon