SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

August 2006

From:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2006 10:09:00 -0500
On Tue, 1 Aug 2006, LuXo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We're working on a distribution based on SL43. After some fixes we obtained
> a group of isos, but when booting the first disc the X server doesn't load.
> It gives the error:
>
> /usr/X11R6/bin/Xorg: error while loading shared libraries: libaudit.so.0:

This is normally a problem when one of the scripts in anaconda-runtime
has not been updated.

It is included in the anaconda that is part of SL43

[root@yort scripts]# pwd
/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/anaconda-10.1.1.37.SL/scripts
[root@system scripts]# grep libaudit *
mk-images:             $IMGPATH/$LIBDIR/libaudit*so* \
upd-instroot:$LIBDIR/libaudit*.so*

Make sure you have the latest anaconda-runtime in your "tree".

> Tracking down the error, the problem is that stage2.img doesn't include the
> file. So we tried to create our own stage2.img and put it in the iso, but
> anaconda won't start because it doesn't detects the CD as our CD and keeps
> asking for the "real" one.
>
> The stage2.img is created by mk-images, and mk-images is called by
> buildinstall wich is part of anaconda-runtime. Reading about
> anaconda-runtime, it seems that the version in SL repositories, 10.1.1.1-37,

The version of anaconda in  SL 4.3 is anaconda-10.1.1.37-1SL.src.rpm not
10.1.1.1-37.

> is old and doesn't work for Xorg. It's already fixed since 10.2.0.49.
10.2.0.49 was a version of anaconda from near Fedora Core 4.

The anaconda in SL43 does work with Xorg as it was designed to do.

> I don't know why, but the CD created by the scripts tries to run Xorg
> instead of Xfree, SL is Xfree based. It can't start the X server so anaconda

SL4 is Xorg based.  SL3 is Xfree based.
Since you said you were based on SL43 then it should be using Xorg.

So I am confused about this X issue.

> runs on ncurses.
>
> Can you update the anaconda-?untime version from the repositories? The
> dependency tree is too big to start, rpm by rpm, to download everything.

What dependency tree?