SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

August 2006

From:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2006 18:22:00 +0100
On Fri, 4 Aug 2006, Troy Dawson wrote:

> I have not heard any negative feedback about any of these and they've passed
> my tests.  Unless I hear otherwise I am going to declare them good and push
> them out today.

This is minor and shouln't delay the release...

I got a complaint from one tester today, that the new firefox defaults to
offering to launch acroread for pdf files.  On checking it also offers ggv
for postscript files, despite us having set xpdf and gv for these in the
central mailcap files (though I'm now not sure that firefox looks at those
anyway).

I'm not sure if this is just because of a change to the defaults in
firefox or what.  I can't find anything obvious in the firefox tree which
might be causing it to pick acroread (that string isn't in any of the
files).  Maybe it is defined somewhere else for one of the libs that
firefox uses -- (but then why is it different on 1.5.x versus 1.0.x??)

I can' even find where in the UI a user should change such things (I'm
a dinosaur and don't like/use ffox).

I'm about to replace the defaults/profile/{*/,}mimeTypes.rdf files though
I don't know if that will work except for 'new' profiles...

  -- Jon